Friday, June 30, 2017

Do What You Love To Do

I am having lunch today with two old friends.

By old friends, I mean that I have known them for my entire life.

We grew up in the same neighborhood and went to the same schools from elementary school through graduate school at the University of Florida.

One is a lawyer, the other a pharmacist at a large hospital just blocks from my office.

Last time we got together, the pharmacist stated that he thought I was crazy to ride a scooter around the country.

"Too dangerous" he said.

It got me thinking this morning.

I can truly say that I get more fun out of riding the scooters than anything I do.

And riding has only gotten better over the past few years with the two Scooter Cannonball Runs, two European rides with the Vespa Club del Mediterraneo and frequent Oyster Tours.  These rides and the friends I have made through riding have been the highlights of my life.

I am more than willing to take his risk.

Wouldn't trade these rides for anything.

I advise everyone to find something you love to do.  Then do it until you don't like it anymore, regardless of what others think.

Bill

Riding on Naxos last month

2 comments:

  1. Always follow your dream and do what you want then see how success will follow you. Great post, thank you for sharing it and keep posting more such stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. This put up truly made my day. You cann't consider simply how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks! picbear

    ReplyDelete