Tuesday, December 6, 2016

75,000

This past Sunday, while returning from a 7 Bridges Scooter Club ride to Micanopy, Rocket reached 75,000 miles.  That is a run much farther than I ever would have imagined when I bought it 11 years ago, and more miles than almost any other Granturismo.

While riding home, the Garmin was telling me that I had more than a mile further to get home than to reach the milestone.  I decided to get off of Roosevelt Boulevard (US17) so I could stop in an interesting place for the photo.  As I approached the Grand Avenue draw bridge, I was only .2 miles away and hoped I could reach Stinson Park.  One oddity of the adventure is that this was the park I was trying to reach when Rocket hit 50,000, but I miscalculated and settled on Bettes Circle.  This time I hit the mark exactly.

I am hoping to reach 100,000 in the next few years.  Because Rocket is running well now, I think we can make it.



Make it to the park.  This side of the road is actually called Baker Point Park.

They were all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment