Monday, June 1, 2015

The Ride Home

I had a long ride to get home and accepted a request by Mike, LM15, to ride with me.  I was on Razzo and he was riding his new Honda NC700X.

Somewhere in the week, Razzo developed a front end shake at speed, and I had to contend with this the entire way home, making for a tiring ride.  It gets tiring because, when the tire shakes, the windshield shakes.  This causes the wind to pulsate as it hit the top of my helmet.  I can stop it by holding the top of the windshield with my left hand, but that gets old quickly.

It was the first time that I can remember that I was wishing I had a trailer.  It is so much more fun to ride when it is smooth.

The front tire comes off and will be taken to my tire installer for rebalancing.  If that doesn't do it, then a new tire and maybe front shock.

I rode over 450 miles and Mike continued past Jacksonville to Ormond Beach to buy parts at J&P Cycles at Harley World.  He is quite the trooper.

First Stop in Clinton, SC.

Lunch at Burke Perk Cafe

Bikes out front

The end of the ride.  Lots of miles and one tired rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment