Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Visitors

When you live in Florida, even North Florida, you tend to get visitors.  This week Cheryl, cdwise from Modern Vespa, was making a big loop on her Aprilia Scarabeo 500 from her home in Houston to a photo seminar in South Florida.  After completing that, she headed to Key West for a quick visit, then up the east coast to see Bob, Flordian on MV, for a tour of the Space Center.  Then she headed north to see me in Jacksonville.


Cheryl's Beo and my new GT

It was a nice night that coincided with the weekly 7 Bridges Scooter Club dinner ride.  This time we went to Nero's, an old Italian restaurant in Arlington, close to Jacksonville University.  The place has been there since 1983, and hasn't been renovated since.  Still, it was pleasant, bringing back memories of old Italian restaurants that were popular in my youth.


At the Scooter Warehouse

At the Scooter Warehouse

In front of Nero's

Inside Nero's


 Cheryl fit in well and appeared to enjoy the visit with the group.  After that, she stayed at my house for the evening.  The morning began with coffee, then she took me to breakfast at the Fox, a local breakfast and lunch restaurant a block from my house.  


Cheryl at The Fox before heading to South Carolina
to add the state to her "Scooted In" map.

Then, today, my cousin Keri and her husband Wayne came to town to see my parents and the other local family members.  They have scooters at their home in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and were interested in my Vespas.  Luckily, I have three GTs so we went for a nice ride around the area, then rode to lunch at the Mossfire Grill.  They got a kick out of the quality scooters.  I offered for them to stay with me, but they opted for a hotel and an afternoon of crabbing at my parents, then seeing the town.
Wayne on Rocket


Keri on Vanessa with Brother David following on his BMW

Catch of the day.  One crab from the creek at Mom and Dad's


3 comments:

  1. Cheryl's one gutsy lady. Just hop on a scooter and hop from Texas to Florida. Why the heck not. And that's after having an accident that did its best to total her leg.

    You Cannonballers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Cheryl is something. I wish I could find the time to do a long ride this spring, well, in addition to the ride to Virginia with the club and North Carolina to see the MP3 group.

    ReplyDelete