Sunday, April 27, 2014

Cannonball Shakedown a Success!

We had very nice weather for the 7bsc ride today to High Springs. I planned a route that took us on some of my favorite local roads, out US90 to Sanderson, then north for a ride through the Osceola National Forest.  When we got near Lake City, we turned south on Price Creek Road and took it all the way to 18, 241 and 236 into High Springs.  We ate at the Great Outdoors restaurant, a good destination restaurant for us.  We returned through Worthington Springs, Brooker, Lake Butler and Macclenny.  The last 25 miles for me were on I-10 heading east to Jacksonville.  The new parts are becoming more fruitful as I found that in little wind, running near cars and trucks, that I could maintain 74 to 76 mph with a brief maximum of 81.  I am encouraged for the Scooter Cannonball Run, as this speed could make us competitive.


Resting in Osceola National Forest

Rocket's new red spring that goes with the new shock.  
It wasn't necessary as the old one was fine, but it looks cool

Scoots at another rest stop

Briefly touched 81 mph while on I-10, drafting and a little downhill

No comments:

Post a Comment